Starting Point

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sleeping In, Eating Muffins

So as I sit here and eat Vegetable Thins crackers and drink diet coke (both could be worse snacks, but both are loaded with preservatives and chemicals) I have been thinking about my totally typical weight loss challenge. Actually I have been thinking about it pretty much every day and especially every time I eat.

My big conclusion...I can't wait to get back on track! 
I am moving to Toronto in a week and a half and by July 1st I should have a new apartment with a kitchen, and have a normal 8:30-5:00 job! No more mini jobs (tutoring, campus tours) that cause havoc with my schedule, and no more sleeping in until 11:00 am. 

I have also noticed that sleeping in just messes with life in general. I have never been a morning person, not that I am a ``don`t talk to me until I have coffee`` person, just if given the choice I would rather lounge around in bed. Lately I have just been plain sleeping until late morning. This means my typical day goes like this:
11- wake up
11-12 Lounge around, read the interwebs, complain that I don`t want to get out of bed
12- actually get up when I realize I am wasting my day
12:30ish have breakfast-piece of toast, cereal (nom nom carbs) and juice (nom nom sugar)
12:30-2:30 clean, do random stuff, laundry etc
2:30-3:30 More surfing of the interwebs (I don`t intentionally surf, just go on my computer to do something and get horribly distracted)
3:30-6:00 tutoring
6:00 I realize I am hungry and buy gross unhealthy food and some sort of caffeine like substance (a giant bought muffin and ice cap for example)
6:30-9:00 tutoring
9:00 realize that all I have had to eat is a muffin and cereal today, and have a legit supper with water. 
9:30-12:00 watch tv, blog, think about packing, snack

I live a very exciting life. 
On days where I get up early (for example last Monday I went to a boot camp at 6:30 am) my eating schedule looked like this-
5:30 am- A legit healthy muffin (made by my BF`s mom-they were very good!) and water
6:30-7:30am- more water at the boot camp
8:30am- Grilled peppers and onions and GARLIC, turkey sausages, egg in skillet form with water. It was delish. 
12:00am- Whole wheat pasta salad with veggies with water
5:30pm- Home made wrap with chicken and veggies on the run with water
9:00pm- Blueberries and yogurt with water

Notice the difference. The second schedule is more what I want..err maybe not the 5:30 am start that was a bit much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment