Starting Point

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Goodlife Here I Come!

One of things I am very excited about for moving to Toronto is the massive amounts of Goodlife Gyms. There is one on every block (almost) and they are massive. They have pools, and hot yoga and every sort of class ever!!!

I want to get back into hot yoga. I did it in February after much persuading by a friend, and I actually really enjoyed it. I liked how warm it was compared to the cold air outside, and how flexible I felt, and overall how relaxing it is. Not sure if I want to be in a 35 deg room while it is 35 deg outside, but we shall see!  I also may want to try swimming. I love Aqua Zumba, and I love the water, but I never gotten into swimming laps.

Last blog post I detailed my "ideal" eating day, this one is more about my ideal workout plan would be. I would love to be like Annette from Enjoy Your Healthy Life. She works out 1.5-2 hours every day by doing a variety of things, and she loves it! Her blog is very energetic!

I would love to do two workouts a day, but considering how I typically get 3 hours a week of exercise, this is  a lofty goal. Ideally I would like to go do cardio and strength in the morning, and then a class in the PM.
More realistically would be to do 2 days of cardio, 2 days of strength training, and 1 day of Yoga. Ok, that is my plan for July! Who knows, maybe a year from now I will be a super keener working out 2 hours every day!!

Also, in a way earlier post I commented on my fitness goal. I decided to run the 5K in October for CIBC's Run for the Cure. I had said that I wanted to do it in 25 minutes. After doing more research, I realize this is crazy for someone who has ridiculously short legs. I have adjusted my time to 35 minutes. I think that is a good goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment