Starting Point

Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 1-Restart

Hi my name is Kaylee, and I am trying to lose 16 pounds(ish) in 100 days. Wait a minute...this sounds familiar.  I know, I already did this, but I like the 100 day thing. Conveniently, that corresponds to my first "competitive" 5k, the CIBC Run for the Cure.

I have restarted my food and fitness journal, I have a new kitchen to cook in, and now I am have the experience of my first attempt to know where I went wrong. Day one was actually June 24th, to correspond with the RFTC on October 2nd.

One thing that I have already been good at is going the gym. Last week I went 2 times (already beat my total for april) and swam on the weekend, and then this week I went today at 5:30 in the AM (YIKES!). I think by having a Goodlife next to my office is sweet motivation to get a workout in. When I wasn't working, it was easy to just not leave the house, but now if I am already there I have no excuses! The body pump instructor was awesome, and the Zumba girl was good too! I think I am going to try to go at 5:30 in the morning, because I find if I go to the gym early in the morning I kind of forget that I went, then later in the day I will think "boo I have to go to the gym" only to happily realize I already went!

For the next two weeks I really want to stick to the "diet solution" low sugar meal plans. They really did work in March when I tried them. I will start tomorrow, because right now I don't have the right food in my house to follow it completely. I think doing this in the summer is going to be significantly harder than doing it in February/March. If you have been following along, you will realize I fell of track the minute the weather got nicer. Suddenly, I didn't want to be inside cooking and thinking about healthy food. I wanted to get out, go out, and enjoy the sunshine (and junky food that goes with it.)

Summer to me is nachoes, and ice tea, and ice cream, and patio drinks etc etc etc. I also need to work on what I eat if I go out. I need to realize that getting a salad at a restaurant is ok, especially if it was someone else's idea to go out to eat in the first place. Also, eating out is expensive and it is wayyy too easy to do here. I will definitely need to watch that!

So Day 10:
Fitness..1 hour at the gym cardio and weight circuit.
Food...lots of bread and carbs. Toast for Breakfast, granola for 2nd breakfast (I got up at 4:30, I needed something to eat at 8:00). PB+J for lunch. Yogurt, almonds, blueberrys and an all bran bar. Way not enough veggies going on.

Ok Spinach... it is time for me and you be be besties again!

No comments:

Post a Comment