Starting Point

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 27-Moving Right Along and an Idea for Supper

So my motivation seems to be doing pretty good! No idea why I have suddenly changed my opinion about this whole weight loss challenge, but I like it!! I realized that this go around, I don't really care about the weight so much, and it kind of irks me that the title of this blog is the totally typical weight loss challenge...it should really be called the totally typical get in shape challenge. I care way more about being able to run 5 k, lift more at body pump, and be more flexible because of yoga etc. I also like the mental state I am in after the gym, nice and relaxed! So many benefits other than just the number on the scale!

Since the last blog post I went to Bodyflow on Sunday morning, a super intense Zumba class on Monday, Body Pump on Tuesday, and Bodyflow today (even though it was about 50 degrees outside it was nice and cool at the gym). I have been pretty good with the diet, a few little ice cream treats (the 100 calorie ones) but nothing too crazy. Lots of spinach and low fat protein! 

I also have been taking my vitamins and drinking lots of water! Like a ridiculous amount of water for me. I try to finish two 750ml bottles at work, then about another litre-ish at home. The crazy thing is I should probably drink even more. I think that is why I used to feel so tired at school, I totally wasn't drinking enough water!

I was also told by a friend that I should put more recipes on my blog. The thing is I have kind of stopped using recipes and making my own creations...but here is a recipe of what I ate for supper last weekend instead of getting take out.

Super healthy pesto "pizza"
1 Pita
A ton of spinach (seriously I used half of a box of that prewashed baby spinach for 2 pitas)
1/2 cup of precooked pre peeled shrimpies from the freezer (I always have these guys on hand!)
1 tbsp cheese (feta goat cheese is delicious in this)
a little bit of olive oil
some spices
1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)

1. Blend/food process/chop the spinach, mix with olive oil, pine nuts if you've got em' and spices (basil and oregano for me!) Goal is to make a pesto like substance.
2. Spread mixture on pita
3. Rise shrimpies under water to defrost them, squeeze to get most of the water out
4. Put on top of spinach mixture, add cheese, black pepper more spices etc.
5. chuck in the microwave for 2 minutes or so until cheese melts
6. Nom.


It was so good!!!! I'm not even a huge fan of shrimp, but something about the combination of these ingrediants just went really well together! And the cool thing about this "pesto" is that it is a great way to get rid of past it's prime spinach!




No comments:

Post a Comment