Starting Point

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 33- Rollerblading and Mahi Mahi

This week I tried something newish..ROLLERBLADING!

I haven't been rollerblading since I was about 12, but after my walk two weeks I decided to buy some. After the crazy heat last week finally died down on Sunday, Mike and I went out and tried rollerblading. Mike is a really good rollerblader, and I was so afraid I was going to wipe out...but it turns out I am actually not too bad at it! We ended up going 16km! What a great way to spend a Sunday evening!

I have been doing really well with the gym (Zumba Mondays, Body Pump Tuesdays, rest wednesday, Bodyflow Thursdays, Run on Friday, Rollerblading on Saturday, Bodyflow Sunday is my plan) And last week the classes actually seemed to be getting easier!

Diet wise, I am not doing too badly. I am allowing myself one cheat meal a week (Friday night), and no junk food snacks!! On Sunday during the Rollerblade we ended up stopping and getting junk food for supper along the water (Fries and a chicken burger) and it wasn't even that good. I totally regretted it, felt crappy afterwards, I would have much rather had a nice pasta dish with tons of veggies if I was going to splurge, not some deep fried "fake" food. Lesson learned.

Good news though.. yesterday I had a "old Kaylee vs. new Kaylee" moment. I was invited out to dinner with some people I know who where in town from Halifax. Old Kaylee would have skipped the gym, and probably got something decadent at the restaurant. But, it wasn't my cheat day, and I do love Body Pump..so New Kaylee decided to go to the gym, was slightly late for supper (other people were forewarned), I looked at the menu online on my lunch break, picked the healthiest thing on the menu, and stuck to ordering it! It was delicious Mahi Mahi fish, with a plain baked potato and some veggies!

I haven't been weighing myself like the last 100 day challenge. I want this one to be more about the process and then hopefully in the end the results will show!  And no more gross junk food...blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment