Starting Point

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 40- I is scared in a good way

No I am not afraid of the gym, or of vegetables, or anything like that...

I am terrified of getting off track.

For the past 3+ weeks I have been super keen about this whole challenge, and I am thoroughly enjoying it, and seeing the results (I am completely on track for weight lost compared to days of challenge), however, I am so afraid that what happened last time will happen again. I was semi good the first 50 days and then did absolutely nothing the last 50 days.

This fear of losing the rhythm I have got going is motivation in a weird way. Par example, yesterday I was not feeling the gym, at all. I have been dealing with this little allergy thing and just felt tired and a little sick. So I decided around lunch that after work, I was going to skip the gym and come home. I probably then would have had junk food for supper, or snacks because if I am skipping the gym I might as well skip the diet.

"I'm too tired", "People shouldn't go to the gym when they are 'sick'" "you can do it tomorrow" were just some of the arguments I had to skip.

BUT....

I was so afraid that this one active skipping of the gym would put me so off course that I had to go.

And guess what?

I felt 10 times better afterward. I had way more energy, my allergies weren't that bad. And I felt super intense after adding lifting weight at Body Pump!!! Oh yah! Got to love gym endorphins.  I came home and made easy peasy spicy soup for supper, with corn on the cob and chicken sausages. And tonight even though I was tired, and lazy and didn't want to cook super, I made a egg frittata with wild rice that was healthy quick and cheap!

As I approach the 50 day mark I won't be celebrating with a birthday (as I did last time)...but instead, with City Chase a amazing race-esque adventure race within Toronto! I am super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment