Starting Point

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 47-Gym Karma and some Healthy Noms

Here is a little (ok I lied..it is a large) recap of my past week doing my totally typical get in shape bid-ness.

Weekend-
Exercise: Didn't make it to the gym Friday or Sunday as planned...booo. Meaning last week I only went to the gym 2 times, and walked 2 times. Even though I know this is not up to par, instead of dwelling on it, I just got right back into things on Monday.
Diet: Not too bad, the bf made some steak salad (nom), and may have eaten way too much blue cheese with it, but over all still better for me than McDonalds. We went out Friday evening, and I got booster juice.  I ordered a regular forgetting how HUGE they are. One thing I read somewhere is choose the size you want to be..do I want to be large or medium after all this?...No I want to be small!!! (Or tall at Starbucks haha).  Lesson re-learned!

Monday- Exercise- INTENSE ZUMBA!!! I attended my normal Monday zumba class, and really tried to push myself. It was great. I love standing at the front at zumba, because then I don’t get distracted comparing myself to other people. I may look like an idiot, but I really don’t care because I am having a BLAST!! Self consciousness at the gym is rapidly disappearing, especially since I don’t know anyone there!
Food: DELICIOUS SUPER of portabello mushrooms, and homemade pesto with a small slice of deli ham (cooked in a frying pan to make it “facon”), with some havarti cheese all roasted in the oven until cheese melted. We had that with a homemade salsa, toasted small pita, and some snow peas. Yep that is right, I worked, did groceries, and made that meal and went to the gym on Monday, and even watched some tv in there!! (The meal took all of 20 minutes to make, I highly recommend it)

Tuesday: Cheat day! I know it isn’t my typical cheat day, but my Dad was in town and we went out for supper. I still had a super healthy lunch that involved some salad with leftover garlicy homemade pesto.  I had to skip my normal body pump class that I go to on Tuesdays, but....gym karma happened

Today: I went to Body Pump at a different gym today to make up for it, and the Tuesday evening instructor (who is awesome) just happened to be filling in at that gym!!  Whoa!! So now it totally feels like Tuesday for me! I added weight tonight so I am sure I will be sore tomorrow!
Food-The bf made some grilled tilapia with spices, and wild rice and veggies for super. For lunch I had an egg, lettuce, small amount of low fat cheese and more of that homemade pesto with naturally sweetened plain yogurt (Stevia Sweetner) and raspberries. I also had some hummus and about 7 low fat triscut crackers. And yes I was starving by 5:30, but I survived.  

Also, as much as I am not as focused on the weight loss as I was in round one of this whole dealio, I have been checking the scale, and at this point I am exactly on track to get down to my goal weight by October 2nd. Just got to keep movin!! And eating the veggies J. The next 50 days are really going to be about training for the run, as I haven’t really done a lot of running yet.  I am going to try to blog more, because now that I actually am doing stuff (aka exercising and eating healthy) I would love to share more details with you all (recipes, class reviews etc), instead of shoving it all into one GIANT post like this!




No comments:

Post a Comment