Starting Point

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 16-18 Doing Good

Day 16: My first day with no cheats at all! I had some eggs for breakfast with spinach, leftover turkey burger with homemade salsa for lunch. Then my good moment came when I realized I was going to be gone all evening tutoring, and would have to eat on the run. Pre-diet this would mean Tims, or worse. So I decided to pack a supper of raw veggies, some almonds, and pieces of chicken. Totally road worthy.  I also forced myself to go to the gym, and because I went that day, I got to give my friends a free week and because of that I won a free trainer session. Karma!

Day 17: On Thursday I went to my fitness assessment with the personal trainer at 6:30am. It was great to get up, go to the gym, and then get back before most of the world was awake. I then left on a 9 hour train ride to visit my family. Once again this would have meant some snacks, and probably junk food (boredum=food for me), but I packed a lunch, some healthy snacks, and some supper to avoid the bad snacks. I did have some Pringles though, because I ran out of food around hour 7.  I also had one TimBit on Thursday, and it was the best TimBit ever. It is amazing how good some of that stuff tastes when you haven't had it for a while.

Day 18: Today I ate pretty well (like I said before my family is very healthy) and attempted a snowshoe with my mom. It was pouring rain, and our snowshoes were malfunctioning so we had to turn back early. We actually ended up walking through the snow to get back, and that was a pretty good work out.

I realized this week that I am not an emotional eater persay, (an example being I don't eat if I feel sad) but more so a "I deserve it" eater. For example, if I have a productive day, I deserve a treat. If I did well on something, I deserve junk food. I also realized that this is really stupid. What I should think is "I deserve to reach my goals" and perhaps I need to find something else as my "reward" instead of food.

I may start a tip jar. Whenever I feel that "I deserve food" feeling I will take some change (about as much as a chocolate bar) and put it in the jar. Then at the end of the month I could buy something with it. Like shoes. Mmm delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment