Starting Point

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 7-8 Diet time and Weigh in

Today I went and did groceries to kick start the "Diet Solution" diet. I was pretty impressed that I managed to find the exact brand of sprouted wheat bread that it recommended. Good job superstore health food section. I was also surprised because for the past little while my healthy eating meal plans have been really expensive. This bill was pretty reasonable. 


I was going to go to the gym yesterday, but it turned into a mega nasty snowstorm in the evening so I did P90x yoga. After 45 minutes I wanted to be finished, but then I went for another 30. With 15 minutes to go the instructor started to slow down, and stretch out, and I was like wait a minute we can't be done, there is still 15 minutes left of video. Then the instructor said "And now it is time for YOGA ABS." Needless to say it was a good work out. 


And since tonight is Tuesday, I did my weekly weigh in. I know a lot of people don't go by the scale when they are trying to lose weight, but to me it is the easiest most concrete results I can get. I took my measurements at the beginning of the whole process and I will see where I am at in the end. (My weigh in/measurement plan is similar to x-weighted).  So far I have lost 1 pound. 1 pound may not seem like a lot but if I lose 1 pound every week until my goal I would be almost there. Also, healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. So I am on track, but it would be nice to see bigger results! 

3 comments:

  1. I am cheering you on! :)

    As an aside, if you ever feel like company working out/are looking for something to shake up your work out, Sophie and I are going to start running Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays - you're more than welcome to join us!

    ~ Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know about that sprout bread, sounds a little scary...eeps!

    The exercise classes that you're doing sound really interesting. I've done Zumba before and it was a lot of fun, its awesome to spend your time dancing and listening to new music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari-Sounds awesome! I will fb you for the deats!
    Melanie-It was good, even Mike liked it! Zumba is a blast, but I really like Body Pump, it is like a structured class with weights at Goodlife, the actual gym equipment scares me haha!

    ReplyDelete