Starting Point

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 19-26-Where did the week go?

In the past week I disappeared from the blog-o-sphere. Not sure why, just didn't feel like blogging I guess.  I missed my weigh in on Tuesday but I weighed myself on Wednesday instead, and according to that I lost another pound! Huzzah! 

Exercise wise I didn't do too well this past week. I keep track of my food and exercise on a spreadsheet (I am a nerd) and there were a lot of "missed" in the exercise column this week. On Thursday I went to the 2nd part of the trainer session I won last week and the personal trainer kicked my butt. It was a great work out that worked everything and had a little bit of cardio. I keep wanting to go to body pump class, and I keep being busy and missing it. Oh well, it is almost a new week and I will just pick up my game. 

Diet wise I have been doing really well during the day. I really like the low carb breakfasts (see older posts) and for lunch I have been experimenting, because I got sick of spinach salad. This week I cooked a whole bunch of cauliflower and broccoli and had it with shrimp and spices (and a tiny bit of cheese). It was like a pasta dish sans pasta. It was easy to throw together, and the leftovers lasted 4 meals!

On the other hand, since Thursday I have been having some cheats. It was St. Patrick's day this week, so I will blame him (green beer does not count as a vegetable).  Monday will come again soon and then it is diet restart time. I think I need to research some new food so I don't get bored.  

I am still liking the "Diet Solution" program.  I also reread the program and realized that the 14 day plan is actually only supposed to be used for the first 14 days. Mostly because it is a pretty strict diet, and doesn't have dairy. In the normal plan, Greek yogurt and cottage cheese and milk are cool. So I will probably switch over to the "normal plan" this week because I should probably get some dairy. Yay Canada's food guide! 

No comments:

Post a Comment