Starting Point

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 8- Fitness Goal

As I mentioned in the last posty post my measurement plan is similar to the tv show X-weighted. I really like that tv show, as it is completely realistic (it was also started in Halifax and still features Fred Conners, the owner of FRED salon in the North End). It is over a 6 month time period and focuses not only on the weight loss, but on fitness levels. The "my x-weighted" website is actually the best fitness tracker so far. (I gave up on diet.com a while ago, the website was slow, and ugly and had way too many stupid ads). So now I am doing the x-weighted site. It is above and beyond my 100 day challenge, as the my X-weighted program is for 6 months. 

On the tv show the trainer, Paul Plaka's starts the six month progress by doing measurements, a weigh in and a fitness challenge. Then he makes the participants set a weight loss goal and a fitness goal. And on the online version you get to do the same thing. The program even calculates the ideal weight loss for you based on your height and current weight. 

I have my weight loss challenge already with my 100 day goal and maybe I will add an extra 5 pounds to it for the 6 month challenge, I don't want to get too skinny haha. And now I have a fitness goal: In 6 months I will run a 5k in 25 minutes, do 100 sit ups consecutively and do 50 push ups consecutively (most of them being real push ups).  I am going to do the 5k for CIBC's 2011 Run for the Cure. 


There is something about this concrete challenge that inspires me to work out more. I went to the gym today to see how far I can run in 25 minutes. I made 2.5 k, and walked part of the way, so I definitely have room to improve. I also did the x-weighted fitness assessment: 20 plyometric lunges, 20 squat with clean and press (with 5lb hand weights), 20 "lay down and stand up" and 20 jumps over the fitness mat. The lay down and stand up killed me, as per usual, and the whole thing took me just under 4 minutes**.  Once again, room for improvement! 


Side note on food: the sprouted grain bread tasted exactly like normal bread, and the diet solution meal plans are almost what I normally eat (except with weird bread) so it isn't too strange to switch over. If I was a cookie/sweet lover it may be more of an issue!


**I just re-watched the video that I linked, and I realized I cheated on most of it..oops. I am going to re-do this tomorrow and actually do it correctly!

No comments:

Post a Comment