Starting Point

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 5-7-Vacation

I went on a mini Vacay to the topical destination of Cape Breton for the weekend. I ate some delicious food, and had a great time. I must say I didn't stick to any sort of diet, but I did get to go for a nice long walk on Saturday. This week I got in 3 exercises and would give my self a 3/5 for food too. Room for improvment for sure. 

As a new month approaches I am planning on doing the "Diet solution" which is focused on reducing carbs and sugar. I am excited! I love the veggies, and making new recipes. I really want to go to the gym a lot this week, to make up for the past couple of weeks. 

And for a snack this week I will be eating Kale chips. Kale is my new favorite new leafy green. It is full of nutrients, and has more of taste than just lettuce. I also made nutty kale the other day:
 
1 clove of garlic
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
sauted with 2tsp of olive oil
 
When onions soften add a bunch of Kale (separated into bite size pieces)
I cooked it slightly (1-2 min)
To finish: 1 tbsp of peanut butter

It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment