Starting Point

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 4- Excuses Smecuses

I wasn't feeling great today (yay sinuses) so I didn't make it to the gym, or hot yoga. I am going away for the weekend, so I probably won't get work outs in. I was feeling kind of bummed because I realized that once again this week I would only get 2 work outs in. Then I decided to stop making excuses.


I figured I could sneak a quick gym trip in at 6:30am tomorrow (I know I am crazy), however I couldn't find a class I like nearby at 6:30. I like going to the classes, because when I don't I have no idea of what to do at the gym. My roommate taught me how to do some of the leg machines, but for arms and stuff I am still lost. So I started looking around the internet for workout inspiration and I found free workout vids. They are each 20ish mins long (one for abs, arms, legs, but and back), and can be watched or downloaded FOR FREE (with no catch other then some tacky workout outfits and some annoying music)!


So I downloaded them, and tonight I did the abs and the legs ones (on mute while I watched Grey's Anatomy). So I got 45 mins of a surprise workout in! Tomorrow morning at like 7:00am I am going to do the abs and the arms ones before I go. And I just realized on Sunday I can get a workout in when I come home in the evening (at the gym or with a video)! Wow, I may even get five work outs in this week.


My workout personality from yesterday is all or nothing. And it is totally true. If I miss the gym or a hard core hour work out, I give up completely. I need to keep reminding myself that something is better than nothing. If I don't feel like the gym I should at least go for a walk, or have a dance party, or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment