Starting Point

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 2- Weigh in and Carb love

It is day 2/100 and just weighed myself. I have 16 pounds to lose to reach my goal. This will put me right in the healthy BMI range. 16 pounds in 100 days..totally possible. Unfortunately this weigh in also means that since January 11th I have only lost 4 pounds, which is really crappy. I went up last week, as expected due to the the cheats and lack of a gym.


Day 2: Exercise- 2hrs+ of snowshoeing, Food cheats- too many carbs today.


I love carbs. Not even just the white completely unhealthy ones, but the whole grain ones. My fav breakfast is a simple toast with peanut butter. I also love pasta, and pitas, and crackers. And of course chips.
I could cut out all chocolate and sweets from my diet and I wouldn't miss them at all, but carbs and salt..no way!


On the topic of low carbs, I just read a diet book that my roommate got for free with a British cosmo. It is called Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet. I love british humour, and all things weight loss tv show related (huge x-weighted, last 10 pounds bootcamp, and even biggest loser) so I figured a book would be like a longer tv show. And as a book it was great, I especially liked the first few chapters where they talk about why they were fat. It is pretty funny. And in the end they both lost 5 stone (70 pounds) and kept it off!


That being said, I have no idea how it worked.  It is a low carb diet, that takes the first 2 weeks as an intense low carb (high fat) diet, and then gradually introduces a VERY SMALL amount of carbs back into the from week 3-10. In the end, you can eat pretty much anything, with carbs in strict moderation.


I don't think I would do well with this diet firstly because it is low carb, and because it is high fat. I have lived my entire life buying low fat milk, margerine, cheese, snacks thinking it is better for me, so to go from that to having "Double cream" in recipes aka (%48 fat cream :|), I just can't imagine. It would be interesting to try it though, just to see if I was wrong. Hmmm, perhaps a project for March!

No comments:

Post a Comment