Starting Point

Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 14-Does anyone else hate the gym?

So if day 100 is October 2nd, it is already day 14! Yikes. So far on the training plan I..umm...umm..thought about going to the gym.

I had a moment yesterday (from being tired and cranky from not sleeping well) where I almost decided to never write this blog again, eat ice cream and not go to the gym and go for the laissez faire attitude and give up on this whole challenge. Thankful the boyfriend convinced me that I was being tired and cranky and to stick with it.

So with all that decided, I am going to go to the gym this weekend. Preferably an all women's gym.
This brings me to the topic of this post. The main reason I felt so bleh about the gym is the gym itself.
I did like the 3 times I have gone here, but at the same time feel intimidated to go back! It is a co-ed "professional" gym (aka most people go to the gym and go to work near by). I realized I spent part of my Zumba class criticizing myself in the mirror, and the body pump class I tried to do too many weights to "keep up" with the crowd.

I like gyms that have no mirrors and no people! My favorite class was Zumba/Aqua Zumba at the Dalplex because there were no mirrors..and I thoroughly enjoyed going to the women's only gym...way less intimidating, and less populated. I NEED to get moving if I am going to run 5k in 86 days! I tried running a long time on Monday, and I did 1.5 km at a good speed before stopping...progress needs to be made.

However food has gotten better thanks to my fancy smancy egg/toaster (see here for details).
It has been a few days of ooo lets put together stuff in the fridge..it resulted in this:
Cauliflower, Celery, Mushrooms, Spices, and Shrimpies :D
Added that to some spinach for lunch the next day! Noms!

No comments:

Post a Comment