Starting Point

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 20- Training and Potlucks

Today work presented a challenge for me on the diet front.
Every new employee in my dept has to bring in Donuts/Timbits after their first pay day...or so I was told. So I arrived at work with 40 timbits and 12 donuts. I was going to have 2 timbits, because I knew there was no way I was going to have none...and I ended up having more than 2, more like 6 all morning. Not bad, but still. Then we had our monthly departmental meeting which was a potluck. So like most potlucks everyone brought a dish big enough for 20 people. I tried to limit myself, but still ate way too much. I felt so sicky the rest of the day.

So when it came to going to the gym tonight shortly after work, I really didn't want to. I wanted to go home and go to bed. HOWEVER..I geared myself up and and headed out to a Zumba class at a Goodlife 20 minutes from my apt. I started running on the way there because I was afraid I was going to be late, and then I realized I was enjoying the run so much, I didn't want to go inside to a gym (being inside all day has that effect). So I tried to run for as long as possible, and that was 15 minutes. I probably went 1 kilometer. If I want to do 5 km in 35 minutes, I am going to need to get training! So after running got too hard I decided it was way too nice out to just go home so I went on a 2 hour (power) walk along the Toronto water front! Came home nice and sweaty, and actually felt like I got a good work out in.

And amazingly, I was no longer tired, or felt full, and my stiff neck from sleeping weird last night even went away. Isn't it weird that the main reasons why I didn't want to do exercise were cured by exercise? So I came home and had nice healthy supper that was 3 veggies and 1 protein...aka chicken, and asparagus, zucchini and tomato and cucumber salad!! Nom Nom Nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment