Starting Point

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 45-48 Sicky and Soup

That cold that I had on Wednesday is finally going away! Yay! 

This weekend has been absolutely gorgeous outside, so on Friday I managed to go for a walk despite the cold, and today was another walking day. Not quite Zumba, or Body Pump, but at least it was something!

This weekend wasn't too bad for food or drinks. I had one glass of wine on Saturday and had half of a piece of Coconut Cream pie (it was a birthday thing!). Other than that, it wasn't quite "Diet Solution" worthy, but nothing too crazy (toast, soup, thai food, fish etc.) This week I am going to try to get back on track with the diet, going back to eggs, and veggies, and keeping the carbs healthy. 

One of the components of the Diet plan is the fact that most of the stuff should be organic and non-processed. The idea is that your liver and kidneys deal with all the processed stuff  as toxins, so if your body is dealing with processing "Monosodium Glutamate" it can't get rid of fat fast enough. I am by no means a nutritionist or medical professional, so I have no idea if it is true. But something about eating actual food instead of chemicals can't be a bad thing. 

For me, this doesn't mean buying everything organic and pesticide free (I still like a bargain) but I try to buy most of my meat and veggies at the farmers market, and I adjust my meal plans to what looks good at the market. Another trick is to avoid the center aisles at the grocery store. No crackers, cereal, pasta sauces, canned soup, and of course the junk food (pop chips etc). 

So last week I made Potato Leek soup with market potato and leeks, organic chicken broth (on sale!), and celery and carrots, and some salt, pepper and thyme. That just feels better than canned soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment