Starting Point

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 81- Food Time

Recap!
Day 79- I did absolutely nothing. Was totally planning on hitting up bodyflow, but it just didn't happen.
Day 80- Zumba! I went to Zumba right after work and the girl was good, but it was a little to dancey for me. She was amazing dancer, and sometimes I felt like she was using the class as a chance to show off slightly. I may go back, but I may also change my entire workout schedule around. So Mondays might become Body Pump days not Zumba days. This is the excitement in my life haha.
Day 81- Body Pump, we had a sub today (same as last week) and she was good, but a sub just isn't the same as the normal instructor. Still an amazing work out, and I may have over exerted on back and chest. Oops.

Ok now for the food time. I wanted to take a break from the blah blah blah zumba, blah blah blah body pump blogs to do one about what I ate in the past few days.

On Saturday, Mike and I hit up the market/Metro/Loblaws for groceries, we were deal hunting! It took us like 2 hours to get them all, but it was worth it. So with freshness in hand, I came back and created this:


Fresh salmon with a maple syrup/soy sauce, blueberry salsa mentioned in the last post, and couscous (from a box), and market fresh green beans!

The AMAZING salsa was just some blueberries, one diced jalapeno, juice and zest (zest is a strange word to type) of one lime and some cilantro from our garden (Mike laughs when I tell him to get stuff from "our garden", in reality is a herb garden in a small pot on our 8'x4' balcony, but it is legit.) Note our fancy smancy dinner on the 8'x4' patio!

For dessert I made a Peach Crisp. I hate baking. I am not bad at it, I just don't get any joy out of it like I do cooking. I think it is because I need to cook to survive, so I might as well have fun with it. Baking is not a necessity. That all being said the peach crisp was delicious.

On Sunday I took a whole chicken, and cut it into 8 serving pieces. I have done this twice before and every time I do it I feel strangely proud of myself. If raw meat/meat on bones freaks you out avoid ever doing this. It has a kind of Dexter feel to it at points. I made a chicken basque recipe from Canadian Living, that was really easy.
Chicken pieces+Can of tomato+ bunch of garlic (cloves)+ spices+ roasted peppers+ sausages all roasted into goodness for 45 minutes.
Love that it looked exactly like the photo, minus a few pieces of chicken because I already served out our food. That was also Monday's dinner. Yay leftovers. I also ate every clove of roasted garlic on Sunday because I am cool like that.

So tonight, we were planning to make taco's but I realized I forgot to buy the seasoning, the tacos or tortillas and the salsa. Planning fail. So Mike created a Mexican Taco dish!
Whole wheat pasta, ground turkey with spicy spices, salsa made of tomatoes, green peppers and a jalapeno, guacamole made from the most perfect avocados (and lime and another jalapeno) ever and some light sour cream. Oh and lowfat cheese. It was really tasty and the best part was that it was made when I came home! Thanks Mike! Worst part was that I sneezed after eating and had jalapeno juices go into my nose. Not fun at all.

Even though these meals were healthy, they were cheap (all the ingredients were on sale), most of these meals took 30 minutes to make (chicken took 45 to cook but about 10 minutes to throw together) so they are all quick and easy. And most importantly they were delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment