Starting Point

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 86- Gym Love

Recap dance party time:

Day 82- Yoga and a walk to and from yoga. Normally I go to the Thursday body flow class but I had a conflict on Thursday, so I went to this one. It was real yoga. I prefer body flow because you get the calm relaxing stretch part of yoga plus a great workout from Pilates. Yoga was ok though. I had the taco pasta for lunch, and a veggie lentil curry for supper. 

Day 83- I had the leftover lentil veggie thing for lunch, and went out to dinner with my book club. I could have got a salad or something healthy, but I got a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel. I have been craving one of those for about a month now, so I figured I would splurge. After coming back from that Mike and I went for a run/walk to train for the Run for the Cure in 20 days. I can run about 2.2 out of 5 km. Not perfect, but at least I am trying. 

Day 84- I had the day off, so Mike and I went out for lunch to celebrate. We got amazing pad thai, that was totally not diet worthy. I was planning on going to Body Attack (a super high intensity cardio class) but I was so sore from the gym, my body needed a day off. 

Day 85- Since I skipped Friday, I went to the gym yesterday afternoon with Mike and did some running and some weights with the machines. Not as fun as body pump, but at least I got a work out in. I also went out to dinner last night and had more pasta. 

If you add all that up it means that this week I went to the gym 5 TIMES!!!! Since I started this fitness journey back in January that was my goal, and I have done it twice. Once back in March with 5 days of Zumba and now this!! Zumba, Body Pump, Yoga, Run/Walk, and Run/Weights. Not too shabby. 

The bad thing is that for the past week I have had carbs and pasta and restaurant food way too much. It sucks because I know I am still doing really well with this challenge, but my diet has been slipping. I am definitely not as careful as before. I still don't eat a lot of junk food or anything, just little stuff, like fatty cheese, and too many carbs. Since day 50 my weight has been consistent. I think I am loosing, because my clothes still feel looser than before, but the scale isn't reflecting that. My ideal weight would be about 10 pounds lighter. I know I am not going to reach that goal by the 2nd. But I am going to keep trying until I do. 
I am just not sure what I can do to get down to that level, because my diet and my exercise levels are pretty good. Perhaps if I go to the gym 5 days a week every week, then I will see the results I want! 

In other news, I have officially signed up for the 5k Run for the Cure. If anyone would like to make a donation to this great cause...check out my page here.

Also Mike has decided to do the run with me. I asked him to help me out because I need motivation to keep running. I hope to run 3 times this week and next to prepare for the run. Maybe I will be able to run 5k non stop by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment