Starting Point

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 93-Exercise on the Weekend

This week has been a little strange with the workouts. Monday I was crazy and did Body Pump and Zumba as detailed before, then I didn't do anything until Saturday.

I felt really bad because for the 1st (or maybe 2nd) time this whole process I skipped the gym on Thursday, my normally scheduled bodyflow class, with no good reason. This bummed me out because I felt like I let myself down. There is a total difference to me comparing missing a class because of an event (family visiting, going out with a friend) but to miss for no reason...not cool.

Anyway to get out of my bleh mood I went for a run/gymage on Saturday. I ran for about 2 minutes before I felt like I was dying, so I power walked the rest of the 30 minutes to the gym. Probably not going to be able to run the 5k next weekend, but that is ok (I guess). At the gym I hit the elliptical for 30 minutes to get some extra cardio, and then walked back.

Today I went to Bodyflow, and I must say there is something really nice about going to a class earlish (10:30) on a Sunday, and feeling like I have accomplished something.
So even though I took 4 days off, I still went to the gym for 4 "sessions". Not too bad.

For food this week I didn't really make a meal plan so I was kind of all over the place with food. Last night I did make a delicious homemade pizza topped with the normal pizza stuff (pepperoni, cheese, mushrooms, veggies) with my favorite pizza toppings: artichokes, sundried tomatos, spinach, and olives. Delicious. We ate it all before I could snap a picture. Tonight I am making homemade shake and bake chicken with potatoes and carrots. A real meal as my brother and I used to say when we were little.
Simple yet delicious

I can't believe this 100 day challenge is almost over! Next week I will have to recap the whole thing, compare it to the last one. There may even be a before and after photo, just a warning.

For now though, I want to talk about a gym pet peeve of mine. When I go to the gym (except for body flow) I come out looking like a sweaty lobster. I push myself really hard, especially at Zumba and other cardio classes, because if I drag my butt all the way to the gym, I better make it worth my while.

What drives me nuts are the people who are at the gym for an hour, and don't really do anything! I am not talking about people who are just starting out in their fitness regime and physically can't do much, I am talking about the super pretty/skinny girls who just kind of aimlessly walk around maybe stretch for 5 minutes, go on the eliptical for 15 (at a slow pace) and then stretch some more. Dear girls like that, if your make up is still nice when you leave the gym, you aren't working hard enough.

Guys are just as bad too. My boyfriend just added "they do a few reps, kiss their muscles, then flex some more"

There is one gym location I go too, and it is infamous for having good looking people who go there (that is not why I go there, I found that out after the fact), and that is where it is the worst. I just don't get it. Obviously they had to work at getting into the shape they are at, because they all are pretty fit, so maybe I am just catching them on a off day...but still why waste your time going to the gym to look good?

I am a little bit proud of my sweaty lobster-ness. But not proud enough to ever post a picture on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment